Currently I’m in Kaprun, Austria. Visiting the Kitzsteinhorn gletscher which has a great park setup to play around. After some days of enjoying the park and the pow myself, tomorrow the conditions will be good for a photo shoot; blue skies!
So, this evening I prepare my gear backpack with everything I need for a long day on the mountains. I need empty memory cards and full batteries! As soon as you are on the mountain you don’t have time to go back because you forgot something to bring.
My bag consists of:
- Waterproof backpack that is easy to get things in and out, good waterproof system, big and light enough to carry everything
- Camera body
- Fisheye lens
- Standard zoom lens
- Some good primes
- Pocketwizards (for remote controlling the flashes)
- Flash poles
- Camera body batteries
- Some gels for on the flashes
- Grey card for whitebalance
- AA batteries for the flashes (a lot)
- box of memory cards (I actually keep these in my jacket behind a zipper, just to be sure!)
- snow shuffle (to make platforms to shoot from if needed)
- cleaning gear for drying and cleaning up the gear and especially the lenses
- photography winter gloves
- water to drink!
I will come back with some details about brands and specs of the gear in a separate article. When I come back tomorrow I will unpack my bag I see if I missed something in this list. 😉